Wine-olutions : Resolutions. TomAYto : TomAHto.
Perhaps it is not surprising that Winos and Wine-Knows alike make New Year’s wine-olutions. There’s remarkable similarity in these annual self-improvement goals to common New Year’s resolutions… So I thought I’d share a few of my wine-olutions with all my wine friends.
- Exercise the Palate More. Just like the rest of the body, it’s important to keep that palate working out consistently. Daily is optimal, but at minimum, I am holding myself to at least 3 palate workouts a week.
- Keep the Wine Fridge Organized. We all know it is important to keep the wine fridge well stocked with “every day” wines as well as some “special” wines. My household doesn’t struggle with this, but I think it is still important to maintain this as a priority… so it is on the list.
- Enjoy Healthy Food & Wine Pairings. Some people make a resolution to eat healthier in the new year. I’m all for that, but my goal will be to ensure my food pairs well with my wine… that it is a healthy pairing. (If the meal is actually healthy, that’s a bonus.) The wine is always the star of the meal at Wine Star, so I’ll be spending more time seeking out recipes that accompany the wine of choice for the evening.
- Travel More (via Wine). Exploring the world through wine is obviously one of the best ways to (virtually) travel. I’ll gladly go to wine country in any part of the world, but to ensure this wine-olution is achievable and realistic (in true S.M.A.R.T. goal fashion), I’ll commit to visiting different parts of the world one glass of wine at a time.
- Maximize Wine Star Experiences. A #WineStarExperience is one of those moments when we connect with friends, family, or strangers… and when those moments are enhanced by wine. THIS is what Wine Star is all about. And this is what we seek to accomplish with every event – personal or professional.
Of course, I’d love to accomplish all of these goals with my wine-loving friends via Wine Star events and tasting experiences… in the meantime, please feel free to share your 2016 wine-olutions in the comments!! I know they’re out there.